April 5, 2018
Phew! What a crazy few weeks we’ve had, both with progress on the camper and this weather that we’ve had. We’ve slowed down just a bit with progress on the camper as Kyle is no longer on spring break so we have classes to work around, and the projects that we do have going are a little bigger and require longer time commitments. It feels really great though to be able to walk in and see how all of the hard work we’ve been putting in is paying off, and the vision that I had for our RV is becoming a reality.
Here’s what we have gotten done since my last update (you can read my last update here in case you missed it!):
We replaced the original-ugly-kind of working light fixtures with these adorable mini pendants that we turned into ceiling lights. Because the original fixtures had switches and we didn’t want to have to do any rewiring, we had to make sure our replacement also had a switch. When it comes to RV lighting we learned that you’re not limited to light fixtures made specifically for RV’s, you can use any light fixture as long as the bulb you put in is a 12V bulb. Amazon amazingly had a pretty great selection of 12V Edison bulbs and it made all of the difference in the world in this light fixture!
Flooring for the entire lower floor is IN. It’s so beautiful and it hides dirt and dust even better than I ever imagined. It’s such a beautiful color and I love how it’s a wonderful blend of light and dark stains.
When we brought the camper home and started getting a game plan together for the renovation we saw that many of the larger blinds were worn out and no longer worked, or *kind of* worked. We decided that it would be best to replace the blinds with new ones. Blinds.com offers custom blinds at a great price! We ordered 2″ faux wood blinds to replace the original non-working blinds. At first I was apprehensive… I mean we had gone almost a month without window treatments and I was getting used to it! But after they were installed I came to love them so much because the made the space feel less camper-ish and more home-y.
Okay. This is the big kahuna. The thing we’re SO EXCITED ABOUT WE CAN HARDLY STAND IT. In our last update I shared that we ripped out most of the entertainment center to make a fireplace for the camper. We used plywood to create lightweight faux shiplap for the backing of the fireplace and used wood salvaged from a barn torn down in Veedersburg last summer for the mantle. It’s such a beautiful piece! We tested it out yesterday (thanks to old man Winter’s comeback), and the fireplace heats the space really well. When the fireplace is on the furnace doesn’t even need to kick on!
We’re not totally there yet, but we’re getting close! The bottom floor of our fifth wheel is mostly complete. I can’t believe how much progress we’ve made in just a month. Our goal now is to make the upper level (bedroom and bathroom) finished so we can enjoy it for our first trip in May!
all the pretty on the daily
follow along @victoriahuntphoto #victoriahuntphotography